1. Pick a good backpack: Kids have a lot to carry with them day in and day out so pick a backpack with padded straps and several pockets. This helps disperse the weight in the backpack better and the pads provide extra comfort.
2. Make time for breakfast: Start the day off with some protein. This will fuel your kid’s brains and help prevent their stomach from rumbling before lunch. No time…grab one of the Vega shakes or bars to eat on the go.
***Try this no bake protein ball recipe too: 2 cups nut butter, 1.5 cups gluten free oats, 3 scoops protein (Vega), 1 T honey, ½ cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
(dairy free and allergy friendly), mix together, shape into balls, and enjoy!
3. Sleep: It is so important to get enough sleep so it might be time to start going to bed earlier and getting the kids used to waking up earlier before school starts. Getting a routine established early on will make the transition easier and lead to less stressful mornings. (10-13 hours of sleep is recommended for preschoolers, 9-11 hours of sleep is recommended for 6-13 year olds, and 8-10 hours of sleep is recommended for teens).
4. Have healthy snacks handy: Snap peas, cucumber slices, carrots, apple slices, hard boiled eggs, berries, and almonds are easy to grab and will help tide kids over until dinner.
5. Consider a quality multivitamin and probiotic to support the immune system and keep everyone healthy.
Steele Chiropractic is here to help answer any or your questions and get you tuned up for the school year. Get adjusted and start the year out on the right foot!